Saturday, September 25, 2010

Urban Farming in Tassie

I'm a mum to a 1 year old boy, 3 chickens, a worm farm and many vegetables.

I want to give up the rat race (I've started by taking maternity leave and now work one day a week) and live a simple, environmentally-friendly life. There's no time limit to this, I'm just making changes when I have the time (pretty limited when you're a new mum).

My husband and I both love cooking (proper cooking, not just opening a few jars and putting it all together) and I have almost always had a veggie garden, but buying chickens 2 weeks ago was a big step, and I can't believe why I didn't do it before - I'm in love with my chickens!!! They're so easy to look after and they are far more responsive than I thought they would be (only becuase I have food, but it's still gratifying).

Now that we have the chicken farming sorted, I'm going to start making my own cleaning products. I'll let you know how I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment